We help creative entrepreneurs to sell more.
You’ll be part of our product team, which is multidisciplinary with design, front-end and back-end engineering combined. We're a small, growing team, that is solving some of the most interesting problems in creative commerce today.
We all get to share our views on what features to build and why they provide value to our customers.
Currently our application is a classic server-side rendered Rails app, with some architectural improvements to make things nice and clean, although we're moving functionality into Rails engines.
Our application is getting an overhaul and you will be developing on the front lines for our new API and a "Rich UI”, based on EmberJS.
We're open to remote for this role – however, you must be based within Australia.
We're a product-first company, and you're a product-first developer. You share our vision that the product and customer experience is the most important part of our craft – not the tech, language or framework.
You're experienced, pragmatic and most importantly, a developer that's passionate about your craft.
You view programming as a hobby, and not just a source of income. Of course, that doesn't mean we won't pay you well! We just want to make sure that you're a constant learner, open to new things and always looking for a way to improve and grow as a professional.
You have a deep understanding of how software is built and deployed
You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on a product and/or the team
Passionate and motivated about creating great customer experiences that solve real problems
Ability to communicate effectively with product and design
Similarly, you have very strong verbal and written English communication skills
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years experience with at least one of the following JS frameworks - Ember, AngularJS 1.x and VueJS
- Rails engines will be a big plus
Perks + Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary
- A good work-life balance is important to us. We offer flexible work hours so you can work when you're most productive
- You’ll get a healthy growth and development budget — “keep learning” is one of our core values as continuous improvement is super important to us
- We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook and whatever tools you need to get the job done
- A relaxed and friendly work-environment in the heart of Sydney, or we're remote friendly for this role if you're not Sydney based
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat! Just one thing… to prove you’ve got that eye for detail we’re looking for, make sure you chuck your favourite emoji into the final field of the application process below.
We look forward to hearing from you!