We help creative entrepreneurs to sell more.
We’re looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails + Ember developer to join us full-time. If you are focusing on Rails or Ember only and have reached a great mastery level with it, we want to hear from you too!
If you’re interested in joining a startup with a lean and collaborative team, this could be the opportunity for you.
You’ll be part of our product team, which is multidisciplinary with design, front-end and back-end engineering combined. We're a small, growing team, that is solving some of the most interesting problems in creative commerce today.
We all get to share our views on what features to build and why they provide value to our customers.
Currently our application is a classic server-side rendered Rails app, with some architectural improvements to make things nice and clean. However, it is getting an overhaul and you will be developing on the front lines for our brand new JSON API and a “Rich UI” application based on EmberJS 3.x and Rails JSON API.
This is a brand new app, so no need to mess with legacy code... well, most of the time 😊
But, as mentioned, if you’re an expert in one them – we want to talk with you too.
We're open to remote for this role – however, you must be based within Australia.
We're a product-first company, and you're a product-first developer. You share our vision that the product and customer experience is the most important part of our craft – not the tech, language or framework.
You're experienced, pragmatic and most importantly, a developer that's passionate about your craft.
You view programming as a hobby, and not just a source of income. Of course, that doesn't mean we won't pay you well! We just want to make sure that you're a constant learner, open to new things and always looking for a way to improve and grow as a professional.
You have a deep understanding of how software is built and deployed
You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on a product and/or the team
Passionate and motivated about creating great customer experiences that solve real problems
Ability to communicate effectively with product and design
Similarly, you have very strong verbal and written English communication skills
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
or Ember, or both
(if you’re focusing on Ember only)
- Strong unit, integration and acceptance testing
Perks + Benefits
- You’ll get a healthy growth and development budget — “keep learning” is one of our core values as continuous improvement is super important to us. We provide subscriptions for professional development resources like EmberMap and Ruby Tapas, plus any books or materials that can help you grow as a professional every day, at your request
- We offer a competitive salary
- A good work-life balance is important to us. We offer flexible work hours so you can work when you're most productive
- We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook, monitor and whatever tools you need to get the job done
If you're in Sydney:
- 3 minute walk from Central station
- Work From Home Wednesday's – everyone is encouraged to work from wherever they want on Wednesday's
- A relaxed and friendly work-environment in Surry Hills
If you're remote (but, based in Australia):
- We use GitHub, Asana and Slack for all our collaborations
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat! Just one thing… to prove you’ve got that eye for detail we’re looking for, make sure you chuck your favourite emoji into the final field of the application process below.
We look forward to hearing from you!